The show kicks off with action as Chris Jericho takes on Shawn Spears. The rules of the match are Spears is the only competitor allowed to use a chair during the match.
- Chris Jericho defeated Shawn Spears after nailing Spears with the Judas Effect. After the match, MJF announces that next week’s Labor Match will be a No Disqualification Match…against Nick Gage!
- Gallows defeated Frankie Kazarian. After the match, AEW Champion Kenny Omega comes down to the ring looking to beat down Frankie and make an example to Hangman Page. Suddenly Page comes down to the ring. Even though the numbers aren’t in Page’s favor he still decides to throw hands. The numbers become too much for Page until Dark Order come down and make the save.
- Darby Allin defeated Wheeler Yuta with the Coffin Drop. After the match, Blade comes out of nowhere and brains Orange Cassidy while wearing brass knuckles.
- Britt Baker defeated Nyla Rose via Submission with the Lockjaw.
Andrade El Idolo is in the ring to give a special surprise. El Idolo has a new executive consultant in Chavo Guerrero. Andrade would like to expand his group and offers an invitation to Penta and Fenix of Death Triangle. The Lucha Bros make it perfectly clear they’re not looking to leave what they consider a family.
- Orange Cassidy defeated The Blade after hitting The Blade with the Orange Punch. After the match, Cassidy gets the last laugh when he clocks The Blade using a pair of brass knuckles.
Next week Chris Jericho is bringing out his alter ego The Painmaker for his No Disqualification Match against Nick Gage. I don’t know if a fedora and bad makeup is as scary as being in a match with Nick Gage.
- Lance Archer defeated Jon Moxley in a Texas Deathmatch to become the new IWGP United States Champion. Archer won by stabbing Moxley multiple times with a fork on his forehead then choke slamming Moxley through a table covered in barbed wire. Yeah, it was that wild.
Dynamite goes off the air with Archer in a stare down against his opponent next week, Bullet Club’s Hikuleo.
What did you think of tonight’s edition of AEW Dynamite? Comment below!